Transparency of international organizations budgets
Project idea (elevator pitch)
To provide companies actionable information on contract opportunities with multilateral organisations
The story behind the project
A lot of companies lack information about where and how much procurement opportunities are available
following questions we want to answer for suppliers:
- to which multilateral organization should I apply?
- how many funds will I probably get?
- what where the procurement opportunities in the past for companies like mine?
Available datasets used
We used all the available procurement data of UN, World Bank and NATO available on https://openmultilaterals.org/data. Because of time and resource constrains, we focused on the UN
Some additional resources from Sicco: The UN already has some information for companies to obtain contracts you can use this as inspiration on what is already done, what is missing and use it to for NATO and World Bank as well.
Our goal was to add information about the companies that received the funds by adding size, profit, revenues. however, this information was very hard to get because there is no exhaustive portal available to find the information on an international level. We decided to only look at the contracters in France and use SIRENE to match suppliers with additional data, since we had access to this portal and since France received large funds from the bilateral organizations.
- Assess types of procedures ( political analysis & legal)
- success rate / number of bidders
- objective criteria/ attribution criteria
- Analyse openmultilaterals data, and add companies information (data analysis, match suppliers of openmultilaterals data with supplier data of sirene)
- Find discrepancies between the two, and create the relevant graphs ( data analysis)
- have an overview of where the most discrepancies are
- Design a website for a company to take strategic decisions ( UX/UI design, web development)
Are you fit for this IO ?
How likely to have contract with IO
Target country : Borrower country?
- Types of project?
- Size of project ?
- What organisation gave contract on this countries?